All You Need to Know About AntsApril 10, 2023
4 Reasons Why You Need Pest Control NowJune 15, 2023
Why Wasps Keep
Wasps are a common pest in many parts of the world. They build their nests in trees, roofs, or other sheltered areas and can be a nuisance to homeowners and businesses. In addition to being a nuisance, wasps can also be dangerous, as they are known to sting humans and animals.
Dealing with wasps on your own can feel daunting and never-ending. We want to protect bees, as they are beneficial and even necessary for the environment. However, wasps don’t share the same environmental duty as bees and can be annoying pests that have got to go when they are in your living area. When it comes to wasp pest control, go to the most trusted exterminator: Insight Pest Solutions.
Why Do Wasps Keep Coming Back?
Wasps may come back to your property for a few different reasons. In fact, there are a variety of theories surrounding the subject. Here are a few possible reasons wasps may keep returning to your property.
- Wasps will keep returning to your home if they can find it easy. What does this mean? Well, wasps are attracted to food and water. By removing food and water sources from your property, you can greatly reduce the number of returning pests. The most common food source for wasps is sugar-sweetened foods such as soda or juice, as well as things like fruit and flower nectar. Wasps also prefer water found in pools or birdbaths. By removing these food and water sources, wasps will eventually stop coming back to your home.
- Wasps are also attracted to sweet foods that are decaying. Things like meat, fruit that is rotting or fermenting, and milk are common sources of attraction. By removing these decaying food sources from your property, you can stop wasps from returning.
- Wasps will also return to your home if they can find a sheltered place in which they can build their nest. Wasps naturally look for places in which they can build nests, and if there are some suitable options on your property, wasps will eventually come back.
- Say you have just knocked down a nest and have done your best to kill the wasps that were present. Then, you see a few wasps gathered in the same spot in the following few days. These wasps have likely returned to find others of their colony that survived. Once they have gathered, it is common that these wasps will start to rebuild the nest.
- One other reason wasps will keep coming back is because of pheromones, a chemical that marks the wasp nest location. If you don’t take proper steps to destroy the lingering pheromones marking the nest's location, the wasps will come back over and over again.
The best way to stop wasps from coming back time and time again is to get Insight Pest Solutions highly effective pest control services. We will take care of these pests, so you don’t have to.
What Are Pheromones?
Pheromones are a chemical secreted by creatures to communicate with other members of the same species. Wasps will send messages through pheromones or, in some instances, mark their territory with them. Wasp nests are easy for wasps to come back to repeatedly because they are filled with and surrounded by these pheromones. Even after removing the nest, those pheromones can linger and stick around where the nest was.
Pheromones help wasps protect their nests as well. If a member of the hive or the nest is being threatened, a chemical message is sent from the wasp in distress to others. This is why wasps can attach when you annoy just one member of the hive. This is also why removing a wasp nest can be somewhat dangerous because if done incorrectly, wasps will attack.
If you want to not only get rid of the wasps but get rid of the pheromones as well, you need our pest control services.
How Do I Get Rid Of Wasps Safely?
Wasps are a major problem for homeowners, but removing their nests can be tricky. If you want the safest and most effective way of getting rid of wasp problems, then contact your local pest control exterminator at Insight Pest Solutions! We have all relevant training to make sure that not only will we remove each individual nest from existence - which includes eliminating those pheromones so future generations won’t come back again after it's gone-but also follow-up maintenance treatments on an annual basis.
The Best Wasp Pest Control
Contact Insight Pest Solutions for the best, most effective wasp control services. Our pest control services go above and beyond, helping you get rid of wasps and any other pests that are invading your property.