If you've ever been stung by a wasp, then you know how unpleasant they can be. In addition to their painful stings, wasps can be quite dangerous, especially if you're allergic to their venom. Wasps are not only a nuisance but also a potential health hazard. If you have a wasp problem, it's important to take action and get rid of them as soon as possible.
On this service page, we'll discuss the various types of wasps and how to identify them. We'll also talk about the best ways to get rid of wasps and keep them from coming back. Let's start by talking about some basic facts about wasps.
5 Things You Didn't Know About Wasps
- A wasp can live for over a month without food.
- A wasp nest typically consists of one queen, male drones, female workers, and larvae.
- Only female wasps sting because they need to defend their nests or hurt prey; males do not have stingers.
- Wasps burrow into the wood to make their tunnel-like nests called skeps, which are often built under eaves of buildings or within roof spaces above ceilings.
- Male wasps feed on honey gathered by the females and sell it to other insects like ants or bees if there is no food around when these social insects come looking for provisions.
Species of Wasps
There are many different species of wasps found in Canada, but the most common are the black wasp, the yellow jacket, and the hornet.
The black wasp is a small wasp that is primarily black in color. They build nests in sheltered areas such as under eaves or roof spaces. Black wasps hornets are not particularly aggressive and usually only sting humans if they feel threatened.
The yellow jacket is a larger wasp that is primarily yellow and black in color. They build their nests in open areas such as bushes or near trash cans. Yellow jackets are more aggressive than black wasps and will sting humans without provocation.
The hornet is the largest of the common Canadian wasps. Although hornets are not aggressive, they can sting without provocation. Hornets are the largest of the common Canadian wasps and will attack if they feel threatened. They nest in open areas, and their nests consist of one queen, male drones, female workers, and larvae.
Popular Species Of Wasps We Exterminate
- Quarterly Visits
- Interior treatment including common pest entry points, inside walls, cracks, and crevices
- Spider Web Removal up to 30'
- Exterior Pest Control Treatment
- Wasp Nest Removal
- Yard Spot Treatments
- Ant, Spider, and Rat Control
- Beehive Relocation
Professional pest control Toronto services are important because they provide you with a safer environment. Insight Pest Solutions Toronto uses the best possible methods of exterminating and removing pests so that your family and property will remain pest-free.
Pests are all over the place - in your home, in your garden, in business - just waiting to chow down on anything edible or sit there and be a nuisance!
Other Pests We Service
Pests can be really bothersome when found in the home, and can often be frustrating to deal with. Some common pests that can invade your home include ants, spiders, wasps, and mice. These pests can be difficult to get rid of, and can often cause damage or spread disease. If you are experiencing a pest infestation in your home, it is important to take action right away. There are a number of different solutions that Insight Pest Solutions offers to eradicate unwanted pests from your home to create a safe and healthy environment once again.