What Are Moths Like?December 19, 2023
Why Are There Moths In My Home?December 19, 2023
Moths At Home:
What Are The Signs?
Moths belong to the large category of pests that can rapidly invade your home. As for now, would you actually be able to recognize the signs of moths at home ? Here is an overview of some of the main clues that may indicate that moths have infested your home, in order to help you identify them.
Key Signs Of Moths In The Home
Suspecting that moths may have taken refuge in your house ? Whether pantry moths or clothes moths, here are a few signs to look out for to identify the presence of these unwelcome guests :
- a number of small nocturnal moths fly freely around the house ;
- clothes are showing holes, especially those that have been stored for some time at the bottom of drawers ;
- damages to carpets (or other textiles) ;
- small larvae or cocoons are visible in your pantry.
Moths Inside The Home: Where Can They Be Found?
Since moths can be subdivided into two main types, clothes moths and meal moths, their preferred locations will vary according to the species found in your home. Because eggs and larvae are so difficult to see with the naked eye, it is mainly the adult moths that can be identified.
- Clothes moths : Most often seen in wardrobes or in drawers of dressers filled with clothes, they can also be found on other natural fiber surfaces, such as carpets for example.
- Pantry moths : These small insects are mainly present close to a variety of food sources. Some good examples include cereals, flour, cocoa, dried fruit, pasta and pet food.
Recognizing signs of moths at home ? For an effective, long-lasting solution that repels them as quickly as possible, take advantage of the expert advice of a pest control professional. This will save you from many worries !