Why Are There Moths In My Home?December 19, 2023
Beetles at Home: How To Identify Them?January 16, 2024
How To Get Rid Of
Moths At Home?
Although generally harmless to health, the presence of moths inside your house undoubtedly comes with a number of inconveniences. Invading your kitchens, pantries and closets, these pests quickly become a nuisance in your daily life. But how to get rid of moths at home ? From natural methods to more definitive treatments, here are the main solutions to keep these unwelcome pests out of your home !
Natural Methods To Eliminate Moths
A number of alternative solutions are known to have some potential for chasing away moths from the home. Here are some of the most frequently encountered methods.
- Clean and ventilate contaminated areas (as moths prefer moisture and darkness) ;
- Wash clothes after every use, before storing them in the closet ;
- Throw away contaminated food (or put it in the freezer for a minimum of 24 hours) ;
- Use airtight containers (glass or rigid plastic) to store food in the pantry ;
- Spread a vinegar-based solution or a mixture of essential oils (such as lavender) in areas where moths have been identified ;
- Hang pheromone traps to capture pantry and clothing moths, helping to target their point of origin.
* Although mothballs (naphthalene) once represented a popular approach, note that their use is now being strongly discouraged due to their toxic potential (Source : Health Canada).
Pest Control Services: A Quick And Effective Solution To Get Rid Of Moths At Home
Even if some natural methods against moths may sometimes work just fine, there are also times when these pests resist and continue to infest your home. In such cases, the services of a qualified pest exterminator undoubtedly become the best solution available. Through an in-depth inspection of the property, a professional pest control technician will accurately identify the types of moths present, and suggest the most appropriate treatment option for your situation.
To get rid of moths at home quickly and effectively, do not hesitate to take advantage of the expertise and experience of specialists in this field !