Are Beetles Dangerous?January 16, 2024
The Basics of Pest Control: Learning About Pest Behaviors and TreatmentsJanuary 22, 2024
Beetles At Home : What To Do?
Some ladybugs are invading your home ? Wondering what to do about it ? Here are some valuable tips and solutions to help you effectively repel beetles at home.
Consequences of Ladybug Infestations in Your House
On a warm autumn's day, chances are you might notice a large number of ladybugs around the house. Indeed, these little insects generally come out in large numbers, and tend to quickly invade the premises. Luckily, they are actually quite harmless and do not cause any major damage. Nevertheless, an invasion of ladybugs into your home also comes with its share of inconveniences, especially due to their foul odor and the small stains that may be left behind them.
Natural Ways of Getting Rid of Beetles
For those who prefer to try natural, do-it-yourself methods at home first, here are a few solutions to consider :
- Vacuum cleaner : Although it does not help to eliminate the cause of their presence in the home, capturing beetles with a vacuum is still one of the most common methods people use to limit the number of those insects. This strategy is especially popular when ladybugs enter homes massively in autumn.
- Essential oils : Like many other insects, beetles tend to avoid the strong scent of essential oils such as camphor or lemongrass.
- Diatomaceous earth : Around the house, especially near doors and windows, diatomaceous earth is known as a good natural method for repelling beetles.
Preventing Beetle Infestations at Home
But nothing is better than prevention when it comes to keeping these unwanted pests out of your home ! Here are a few tips you can use to prevent beetles from invading your property :
- Identify potential entry points, repair structural damage and seal doors and windows as needed. Also remember to avoid leaving doors open for long periods, as this is an easy way for insects to enter your home.
- Pay particular attention to firewood, as beetles tend to take refuge in it. As winter approaches, these insects search to take advantage of this opportunity to invade homes.
- Keep food away from insects by using airtight containers, preferably made of rigid plastic or glass.
- Be sure to dispose of any contaminated food.
- Examine plants, fruit and vegetables that you bring home looking for insects that might be hiding.
- Make sure enclosed, humid spaces are aired out, to prevent beetles from settling in.
Pest Control of Beetles : The Optimal Solution
But despite your best precautions and good will, beetles can still invade your home (or even your commercial building). To ensure that beetles are eliminated efficiently and sustainably, the best solution is to call on the professional services of a pest control specialist.
Thanks to a comprehensive, personalized approach, you will quickly be rid of these invasive pests, restoring your peace of mind !